Sunday, February 15, 2009

Uggs: They may be shoes "Down Under", but up here our tastes changed with child labor

These things are the Happy Fun Balls of footwear and definitive proof that just because it's cool in Australia doesn't mean it should ever come to North America (I know you're plan Koala...). It's bad enough to wear shoes that you can "Only Brush in one direction", and "deodorize the lining regularly", but when those shoes look like the footies of a Halloween Costume, we have a problem.

Now I'm not saying that bad taste (oh yes, they make them for men; but that's a whole 'nother story).... Anyway, bad taste in itself is a problem; but a product that combines bad taste with more required care than a child should come with it's own straitjacket (I don't have a kid, but I can only assume if I did, child services wouldn't be far behind).

Here's an idea for you kids who haven't yet figured out how to blow your savings by scoring some E: If you want to wear expensive boots, wear something that works. If you want to wear boots while humiliating yourself, at least find a blend that may says something other than "Light cigarettes? How could I lose?". The options abound.

1 comment:

  1. While I do not own a pair of Uggz boots, I have to admit that my Uggz slippers are very comfortable this time of year.

    ReplyDelete